Goat Biking Jersey

talk about news, give advice, ask questions

Moderator: RunniNirvana

Re: Goat Biking Jersey

Postby zanelord » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:35 pm

bodhisattva wrote:Sorry! Both my theses are due this week and I haven't been checking runnerunner.
I'm 6'1 or 6'2 and 155. Hoping to not gain weight too quickly as an old goat. Can you put me down for whatever size you think is best? I'm generally a medium.
Thanks!

I'm putting you down for a large. I'm 6'0 and 150-155. I could fit into a medium but it was definitely snug and a little short in the back. Large was still form fitting but definitely the more appropriate size. I'm usually a medium in casual shirts. Good luck with the theses!
zanelord

Postby zanelord » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Order is in. Should be here in 4 weeks, so call it late May/early June when I'll be sending them out. I'll keep everyone posted.
zanelord

Postby zanelord » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Bump. Estimated ship date is 08 May, which means could be seeing these even earlier. Furthermore, my general charm with the sales rep netted us a 20% discount*, so we'll be getting these for cheaper than originally estimated. Total is $80 even per jersey (I rounded up a few bucks to cover shipping on my end). So for those that are getting one I need two things:

1. $80 (options: PayPal, BoA e-transfer, good ol' fashioned paper check, some other new fangled form of money transfer that all the kids are doing these days...)

2. Your mailing address.

Shoot me an email at james dot diorio (Gmail) and we can coordinate.

*read: it's a standard promo for first time customers
zanelord

Postby zanelord » Mon May 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Jerseys are on their way! Get me your addressees. I'm also now on Venmo @James-D-Diorio
zanelord

Postby zanelord » Thu May 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Jerseys are here! For those who's addresses I have look for them next week. For those that haven't given me your address yet let me know where to send them.
zanelord

Postby zanelord » Mon May 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Jerseys are in the mail. Expect them NLT end of the week.

Robocop and bodhisattva - still need addresses.

Don't be alarmed by the fit out of the box. Standing straight I had a brief moment of concern that the large was almost too small. But took it for a test spin and hunched over the bike it fit great and was comfortable for several hours. I think these things will be awesome.
zanelord

Postby GoatMP » Thu May 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Got mine. Fits great. Slimmest kit I now own, so it'll just motivate me to stay fit for it. Maybe I should've accounted for my swimming shoulders...

I'm happy though. Will rock it this Saturday!
I'm the renaissance man of track and field, bitch.

"Praise the grammar police" - Pavement
GoatMP
Grammar M. Police

Postby RunniNirvana » Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 am

MP, you racing today?
RunniNirvana
Board Whore

Postby GoatMP » Sat May 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Tomorrow. Bassman Triathlon in Tuckerton, NJ.

GoatMP
Grammar M. Police

Postby Narddog » Sat May 20, 2017 5:12 pm

I like every part of a lady, but I always considered myself bassman.
Narddog
Marathon Mastermind

Postby zanelord » Tue May 23, 2017 4:47 am

MP how'd the race go?

More importantly how was the jersey?
zanelord

Postby GoatMP » Tue May 23, 2017 10:34 am

zanelord wrote:MP how'd the race go?

More importantly how was the jersey?

I wore the jersey for my shakeout ride on Saturday. I also wore it this morning for a short commute to work. I'm liking it a lot. I hear what you said about at first it seems possibly too short, but that's not an issue on the bike. I'll see how it fares on some longer rides.

I race in a triathlon suit, so no Goat jersey for the race.

As for the race, I'm cautiously pleased. The swim went great. I felt smooth was the 13th racer out of the water (of 119), so I'm happy with that. The bike was good too. Tried to settle into a solid pace just under my FTP (Functional Threshold Power). Legs started to feel a little cooked at about mile 20 or so (of a 29 mile segment). Around then another guy in my age group passed me. I latched on and made sure to stay the requisite bike lengths behind to avoid a draft penalty but mentally it was helpful. I was really worried I was gonna overcook the legs for my run but decided to just race and knew if that guy ran some slow run split and I had let the gap grow too much I'd be pissed. When the run leg came, I surprised myself. I was able to cruise along at 7:30's. It was a 5.1 mile run leg (not the full 10K). When I ran a 15K on April 1st, my first 5 miles averaged about 7:30 and then the wheels came off, so to do that off the bike was a big improvement for me. I was pleased. However, the run course was a disaster. There was a Sprint, my Oly distance, and a Half-iron distance all on the course simultaneously. This isn't that unusual among races, but the marshals need to know exactly what they're doing and the course needs to be well marked so runners know where to go. This race was in a campsite, so imagine roads in the woods with loops coming off of them that all look the same. I was misdirected at about mile 2.5 to 3. I started to suspect I was going off course and kept asking marshals if I was going the right way and they all just said "yes, go this way" only to have me hit 5.1 miles while going in the opposite direction and being about 1 mile from the course finish. I definitely lost focus on just racing with all of the needs to ask for directions. So while I'm pissed my run leg was not official and I had a chance to really put together a solid run, I acknowledge that with proper conditions I probably would have been pretty pleased. So I think the fitness is there and it's only May.

I came into the season hoping to really improve my running off the bike. So if I can get my Olympic run pace down to 7:2x, I'll be pleased. And I'd love to run a Sprint 5K in under 21, which I'm confident about.

Overall, OK for a season opener.

Next race is a short Sprint race in Staten Island on June 17 that will be my 3rd year in a row. So it will be good to compare apples to apples.

GoatMP
Grammar M. Police

Postby koiseptember » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:52 am

Just in case it matters, I am still 5'11 and now about 170 and a Medium fits me really well.

goldenslot
koiseptember

Postby Goat Fan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 pm

It doesn't matter.
Superfan Emeritus
Goat Fan

Previous

Return to Running